Ways that you know you and your church are living in authentic revival (if you want to be in revival, seek and pray and work for these Rr things):
1. The genuine conversion and change of unlikely and influential
2. Frequent and powerful gospel preaching
3. The visible effect of the Holy Spirit when you enter a gathering or watch the effect of preaching
4.The impact of baptisms convincing others to get baptised
5. Individuals having as much time as they need to understand the gospel and receive individual help to accept Christ
6. The mysterious gathering of people to come and sit under the gospel
7. Scoffers and mockers changed
and convicted in a matter of hours
8. The process of salvation accelerated from over even years in normal conditions to a few days.
These features were all described, with some more, in David Brainerd’s journal of the revival he experienced amonf the Delaware Indians in 1745 and 1746. From a handful of women and children he was preaching daily in a matter of months to 150 people. From the most hostile conditions in an alien culture amongst an addicted, illiterate and sometimes violent people, God was pleased to make known the wideness of his mercy and the beauty of His face. If He did it there, He can do it where you are.
Father, take our tiny desires and change them into your passion for the lost and the unrepentant. Before you melt the hearts of the ungodly, melt our cold hearts that have not yearned for the Bride, and dim our bright eyes that have not wept with Christ for the souls that have not been told to repent and find His salvation.